Massage is one of the first forms of healing used dating back thousands of years. Even Hipprocrates (Ancient Greek Physician) who was regarded as the 'Father of Medicine" referred to massage as the art of rubbing and a necessary treatment when performed gently and smoothly following an injury.
From birth to older adult and regardless of your occupation employment status or student level, research has shown that there are many benefits to massage which can:
- Assist with the levels of stress and symptoms of depression and anxiety through the body’s natural release of dopamine and serotonin.
- Assist with insomnia and improve sleep patterns which lead to an improved nights rest.
- Assist with pain relief associated with muscle restriction, congestion and tightness through the release of endorphins.
- Assist in maintaining flexibility in muscle tissue.
- Assists to strengthen the immune system.
- Assist with healthier looking skin by increasing blood flow to the skins outer surface.
- Assist to increase circulation and oxygen levels in the blood.
- Assist with ease of movement and help delay muscle wasting due to illness or inactivity.
- Assist to reduce some forms of swelling in the body in particular the legs, hands and feet and also as a result of injury.
Sandy Hinton is our fully qualified massage therapist, she is available Monday, Thursday and Saturday
Her treatment options include:
Remedial, Deep Tissue, sports, swedish, relaxation, pregnancy and postnatal massage.
Aswell as trigger point therapy, Chi Acupressure, energy healing and lymphatic drainage
Contact her on 0419 779 030
Or visit her website to book online!